Sponsored by Bravecto®
If you are like us, you are becoming so busy with end of year parties, school commitments, planning for Christmas and organising a much-needed break for your family that you could easily forget protecting your furry family members!
I’d like to take a moment to remind you to think about protecting your dog from paralysis ticks and fleas especially as you may be travelling with your beloved pooch.
To help you, we have put together our top 5 tips for travelling with your pets:
- PROTECT YOUR PET – Make sure your pet’s vaccinations are up-to-date, that they are fully wormed (including heartworm) and have been treated with Bravecto® for protection from paralysis ticks and fleas.
TIP #1: Make sure you take a copy of their vaccination certificates with you, vet notes if your dog has a medical condition and prescriptions / medication for the length of the trip.
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT – Dogs like familiarity so take an adequate supply of their regular food to reduce the risk of stress. We always take Duke’s food bowl although I am sure he’d eat out of any bowl without a problem!
TIP #2: Limit food before long trips – you don’t want spew in your car!
- THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOME – Make sure your pet is microchipped and your details are current so that your dog can be returned to you if they get lost.
TIP #3: We always write our number on the inside of Duke’s collar as well as having a name tag just in case the tag falls off.
- HOME IS WHERE YOU LAY YOUR HEAD – Take your dog’s bedding with you. They are always more comfortable in their own beds with familiar smells and it gives them a ‘safe’ place to go to when they want some alone time.
- LEAD THE WAY – Don’t forget your dog’s lead and a longer rope for when you are at camp if you think your dog will wander off.
TIP #4: Pack an old tent peg and a hammer to secure your rope.
Australia’s paralysis tick season runs from about September to March – the time when adult female ticks are most abundant, although this can vary region to region.
It’s because of this that Australia’s leading emergency veterinarians have an urgent warning message for dog owners – they want you to protect your dog against paralysis ticks or be prepared for the consequences.
Director and Veterinary Specialist at The Animal Emergency Service in Queensland, Dr Rob Webster said “Tick paralysis is a preventable disease. When we lose dogs, a terrible outcome for all involved, we are losing dogs that could have been saved by administering a long-lasting paralysis tick treatment. Once the paralysis from a tick bite has taken hold, even the very best we can do using tick anti-serum and supportive care is going to save 8 out of 10 patients. This leaves a large number of dog owners in the dreadful position where they essentially watch their dog die from a preventable disease.”
As you know, we use Bravecto® (which is the only oral chew to deliver 3 months flea and 4 months paralysis tick protection for dogs in a single dose) for our Duke. If you want to read more about Bravecto® or see Duke demonstrating how easy it is to administer, click HERE!
We want your dog to be protected too, and since it’s the season of giving, we are giving 5 lucky readers the chance to win a year’s Bravecto® (4 packs per winner)!
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO WIN?
Well, like us on FACEBOOK (and INSTAGRAM if you have it!) to keep up to date with all that we do – plus like BRAVECTO® ON FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM because their pages are full of interesting information and cute photos!
FILL IN THE FOLLOWING ENTRY FORM AND ANSWER THE QUESTION “IN 25 WORDS OR LESS, WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR DOG?”
ENTRIES CLOSE DECEMBER 22, 2017 at 9pm AEST. Please note, that the prize will be posted out in January. Please be patient as everyone returns to work after the Christmas break.
1. ENTRY IS OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS ONLY WHO ARE AGED 18 YEARS AND OVER AND ONLY ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD IS PERMITTED.
2. ENTRIES OPEN ON 13/12/2017 AND CLOSE AT 9PM AEST ON 22/12/2017.
3. THIS COMPETITION IS A GAME OF SKILL AND CHANCE PLAYS NO PART IN DETERMINING THE WINNERS.
4. TO ENTER THE COMPETITION, ENTRANTS MUST FILL IN ALL FIELDS OF THE FORM ABOVE.
5. FIVE WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED AND RECEIVE A YEARS’ SUPPLY OF BRAVECTO (4 PACKS) VALUED AT UP TO $250 (DEPENDING ON THE WEIGHT OF THE DOG).
6. THE JUDGES’ DECISION IS FINAL AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO.
7. THE WINNER WILL BE DRAWN WITHIN 48HRS OF THE CLOSING DATE AND THE WINNING ENTRY WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THIS WEBSITE. THE PRIZE WILL BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS SUPPLIED AT THE TIME OF ENTRY IN JANUARY 2018. THE PROMOTER WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF THE ADDRESS SUPPLIED IS INCORRECT.
Bravecto is available at leading vet clinics, pet stores and online pet retailers across Australia.
For the latest news and information about Bravecto visit: www.bravecto.com.au www.facebook.com/Bravecto-AU
#bravecto #dogs #paralysisticks #fleas