THE BUSH BUS
A Kidding Around Australia Initiative
What Is The Bush Bus?
The Bush Bus is a mobile nature playgroup that welcomes everyone with children aged from 0 – 6 years old to play freely in a bush or park setting. Children will participate in activities such as nature inspired arts and crafts, water, mud and puddle play, sensory imaginative play and educational nature walks and talks to uncover the indigenous flora and fauna of their local area.
The Bush Bus playgroups are FREE and will be conducted in a relaxed and informal space where parents, carers, babies and children can come together in a friendly and inclusive environment.
At The Bush Bus, children can:
• Engage in new experiences
• Interact with other children and adults
• Practice sharing
• Make new friends
• Strengthen healthier relationship with parents /carers
• Learn and develop social and creative skills through play
The Bush Bus is not only a fun and engaging place for children! Parents and carers can benefit in a number of ways:
• Meet other parents and develop new friendships
• Share ideas, information, concerns and experiences
• Play with children in a fun, safe and friendly environment
• Learn and develop skills with their children through play
• Discover new ideas for extra fun at home
• Find out more about services and support within the local community (in conjunction with local council and maternal health centres)
What happens at The Bush Bus Playgroup Program?
The facilitators will meet and greet participants, sign them in and direct them to the nature play activities.
The children are free to choose what they want to do and parents or carers are encouraged to follow their lead. There is lots of space for free play as well as planned activities and a bush walk to explore the area.
We take things slowly. We encourage you to take your time and really explore your surroundings. You will be amazed at what the kids will discover and what peaks their interest!
The Bush Bus is very spontaneous and no two sessions will be the same however all children can climb, explore, build, engage their senses, discover and play!
Days, Locations and Times
The Bush Bus hours of operation will be on weekdays in the following locations:
Monday: Broadford Common 9.30 – 11am
Tuesday: Seymour, Kings Park 10 – 11.30am
Wednesday: Wallan, Hadfield Park 9.30 – 11am
Thursday: Kilmore, Hudson Park 9.30 – 11am
Friday: Beveridge Reserve 9.30 – 11am
Cost and Booking
There is no charge for attending The Bush Bus and you don’t need to book. Simply come and have some fun!
What to Wear / Bring?
- Wear old clothes (and pack a change of clothes) as the kids can get very dirty!
- Gumboots or closed toed shoes
- Sun hats, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Wet weather gear such as waterproof pants and raincoats in Winter
- A drink bottle and snacks (no nuts please)
If you have a question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you ASAP!
The Bush Bus is funded through the Pick My Project initiative of the Victorian State Government.