With our impending holiday to the beautiful and unspoilt Shoalhaven on the New South Wales South Coast, we contemplated flying but ultimately decided it was the perfect opportunity to take a road trip in a Holden Captiva. Holden Australia were nice enough to let us take one for an extended test drive and we didn’t waste time putting some k’s on the clock!
Travelling from Victoria, we travelled into New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory passing through Albury, Gundagai, Goulburn and Sutton Forest on our way to Nowra and Culburra Beach (our home for our holidays) before heading home via Batemans Bay, Canberra, and Albury before arriving back into Victoria.
Designed for maximum versatility, the Captiva has plenty of room for everyone. With up to 7 seats in three rows of adjustable seating, this family-sized SUV is available in two wheel drive and active all wheel drive with petrol and diesel options. Every Captiva comes with the very latest safety technology to look after your precious cargo! Detailed information about the Holden Captiva can be found HERE.
- Comfortable and easy to drive with plenty of space for everyone and everything. Great storage and moveable seating making larger objects easy to transport.
- MyLink entertainment system with touch screen, voice control, Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto makes taking music for your road trip easy!
- The blind spot alert is a light up warning feature on the side mirrors which was new to us. We loved this feature!
- Keyless entry and ignition. You simply leave your keys in your handbag or pocket, touch the button on the door handle and turn the knob next to the steering wheel and you’re away. Perfect for when you have your hands full!
- Rear view camera and rear parking assist allows you to park and reverse with confidence.
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage technology ensures your precious little ones are kept safe with a rock solid connection between the vehicle and the seat. You’ll need to have a ISOFIX-equipped child seat to use this feature.
- No air vents in the back seat making the car uncomfortable in the heat (which is not good for those of us that suffer motion sickness). To accommodate this, the front passengers get cold trying to make it comfortable in the back.
- Whilst there was no problem with the power on the open road, there is a distinct lack of power going up hills.
- No CD Player which made it hard to play the audio books I got from the library!
- There is Satellite Navigation via phone projection but this means additional data usage.
We have been looking for a 7 seat family car for a while and the Holden Captiva certainly ticked a lot of our car-selection boxes! At the end of our long drive, we were all happy and comfortable and dreaming of hitting the road again for another family adventure!
Contact your nearest Holden Dealer for more information or to book a test drive.