When ASG asked us to review their Little Learner Pack we said yes because education is important to us and we were interested to see what ASG offers families. ASG is focused on supporting children’s education – it’s all they do. They’re typically known for their educational funds, however this pack is an example of the educational resources they provide.
ASG’s Little Learner Pack comprises of:
- The Cat in the Hat DVD (Volume 1), with four fun episodes from one of Dr Seuss’ beloved characters.
- Set of five hard-cover story books from You Can Do It! Education, with stories on how to get along, confidence, resilience, being organised, and persistence.
- Access to special offers such as Parenting Ideas Club, Australian Unity MediGUARD Health Cover, and Marcom Projects (educational DVDs).
- Membership to MY ASG, which provides access to the Member website and an ever-expanding range including exclusive e-guides and ASG’s Member newsletter—ASG’s Scholastic.
When we received our pack we sat down and read the books. The books use rhyming sentences with words that are probably too advanced for Alegría (who is 4), even though she has an excellent vocabulary, the wording did require some explanation.
(On the book ‘A Girl Called Sally – A story about getting along) Sally is not a very nice friend. She is sad when no one will play with her, so she has a little think and then she is nice and people like her.
The books are great as a conversation starter with your children, especially school aged children. We thought that they were probably too “old” for our children, however, Alegría has really taken to them. The books include many teachable moments and have entered our nightly rotation for bedtime stories.
The Cat in the Hat DVD is educational and is perfect for quiet time. It has 4 episodes that explain different animal behaviours such as how bees make honey, bird migration, nocturnal animals and hermit crab shells.
ASG’s Little Learner Pack is valued at over $180 (and normally retails at $49.95).
If you are interested in owning ASG’s Little Learner Pack and experiencing it with your children it can be purchased online at http://www.asg.com.au/little-learner
“Win a share of $15,000 towards your child’s education competition”
To be in the running for three major prizes, as well as 10 Little Learner Packs and 10 Subscriptions to MY ASG (ASG’s member website with fantastic educational information and special member offers and discounts).
You can enter here: www.asg.com.au/win
ASG provides a range of products, information and resources to support children’s education from their early learning stage right through to post-secondary studies.
Their education programs are as follows:
- The Education Fund (TEF) is designed to assist with basic secondary and post-secondary education costs.
- The Supplementary Education Program (SEP) is designed for those who have specific education goals in mind, such as private schooling, or those who want to know that their child’s future education has been carefully planned.
- The Future Education Program (FEP) offers parents the ability to plan for the education costs of their future children or for grandparents and relatives wanting to help a future grandchild, niece or nephew.
They also provide other education services that include:
- a range of educational resources that support parents and their children through MY ASG, our member only website
- ASG School Plan, an annual school fee payment service that spreads school fees out into manageable monthly or fortnightly instalments
- ASG Marcom Projects, distributor of more than 5000 DVD and CD titles that are designed specifically to support the Australian curriculum
- You Can Do It! Education (YCDI!), a resource kit that helps children build social and emotional resilience.